Friday, November 4, 2011

Stirrin' the Pot and Pushin' the Plow

Today I am breathing.  I am breathing because God allows it.  Have you ever just sat and listened to yourself breath.......in........out.......in.......out?  It can be quite intimate when you put it into perspective with: 

Acts 17:28~For in Him we live and move and exist.  

We live because He created us, We move because he deems it so, We exist because he continues to sustain us~by design.  Not because we deserve it, not because we have earned it, and most certainly not because He has to.  HE desires to.  HE desires us.

Today I sit and I am breathing with a desire to be full of HIM, to not stand up unless He purposes me to do so.  For me this is how I lay myself at HIS feet.  Less of me, More of you, Lord.  Breath in YOU, Breath out ME.  Sometimes I have to come to these moments of simplicity to submit to God's stirring of the pot and to surrender my pushing of the plow.  

Let me just define these phrases according to the highly esteemed Sisney Family Reference.

"Stirrin' the Pot"~ a phrase used when the Spirit within is churning and bringing to realization the unavoidable purposes and plans the Lord God has predestined in our lives.

"Pushin' the Plow" ~ a phrase intended to express our fleshly abilities to "handle it" or "make it happen" because if it's something we desire, it MUST also be what God desires for us (or so we mistakenly believe at times).

And I am there at the corner of "Pushin' the Plow" and "Stirrin' the Pot".  I pause.  I breath.  I am reminded:

Proverbs 19:21 ~ You can make many plans, but the Lord's purpose will prevail.

I think I'll save myself the sprained ankles, broken spirit, and calloused heart that "Pushin' the Plow" can bring.   Instead, I will submit to the stirring and stand in awe of what my God will bring to the surface.

And I will continue breathing......because He is my air.


2 comments:

  1. Amazing post Summer, I really enjoyed reading this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for sharing this, sweet friend! so needed in this moment...we are so often on the same page! praise God for your friendship & His purpose.

    ReplyDelete